At Alloy Apparel, we understand that fitness and taking care of our health is a form of self care. We asked Samantha Schulz, a boss babe nurse and bodybuilder, to share her fitness tips for those of us who are looking to become more active in the new year.
Samantha’s Fitness Tips:
“Wanting to make some physically changes and healthy lifestyle choices is great but at the same time it can be so overwhelming! Where do you start? What do you do? What type of program or diet is best for you?
Here’s my advice to help get you started on your fitness journey:
- Start Small: When you are just getting started just do SOMETHING! Starting tiny is okay. Something is better than nothing. Gradually as you progress your goals and duration may change, but at first ANY effort goes a long way. Start with a 10 minute walk on your lunch break.
- Celebrate Your Victories: Set little goals for yourself that are ATTAINABLE. You will get to the big stuff eventually but baby steps are great and celebrating those is just as important. Acknowledge your own efforts and focus on your forward progress one day at a time.
- Find something You Enjoy: Try something new! Find a new workout class. Get creative with recipes in the kitchen. Don’t be afraid to get outside of your comfort zone because you never know what you might discover.
- Make a commitment: Find that “something” you enjoy and make a commitment to SHOW UP for yourself there. Get a gym membership or sign up for a class that’s convenient for you. Order those new sneaks for your morning walks or that lunch box to take to the office. Reach out to the coach you’ve been following for so long. Get yourself a gym buddy! Set aside some time to prep your meals. Make appointments with yourself and keep them.
- Know Your Why: If you know “why” you are doing something you are much more likely to adhere to the plan. Understand for yourself what your reasons for making lifestyle changes are. Vacation coming up? Health? More energy? You like feeling strong? But don’t stop there! It’s also important to understand why and how the changes your are making will get you one step closer to achieving your goals. Do your research and don’t be afraid to ask questions.
We all start somewhere!”
Learn more about Samantha by following her on Instagram!
Need some cute NEW activewear to get you motivated in your fitness journey? Check out our favorite styles below:
About Alloy Apparel:Alloy Apparel strives to empower all Tall Women across the world to love their height and feel confident in their own skin by offering the latest trends in extended sizes, long inseams, and curvy size options. With a mix of on trend, chic, and sophisticated styles in everything from workwear to weekend lounge looks, Alloy appeals to an independent, confident, and active customer who appreciates a one-stop source for her various tall girl needs at an affordable price. To see our latest styles, please visit the Alloy Apparel website.
401 total views, 3 views today